According to the Community Brands Member Engagement and Loyalty Study, job opportunities are one of the most important benefits to members of professional associations. In these times when unemployment has spiked, job opportunities (as well as other career support and resources) become even more valuable to members.
Associations are in a unique position to help members with their career needs using an online career center. Here are five things an online career center can do today to deliver immediate value for your job seeking members:
1. Job seeker articles, tips, and recommendations – Offer articles and other content including résumé writing tips, interview tips, job search ideas, and tips on social networking.
2. Email job matching – Automatically send jobs to interested, relevant job seekers via email when they are posted.
3. Personalized search and recommendations – Recommend opportunities to job seekers based on their prior searches.
4. Intelligent job recommendations – By connecting your online career center with your association management software (AMS) and your learning management system (LMS), you can give members the opportunity to:
- Opt in to receive intelligent job recommendations based on their AMS member profile data, such as job title and location.
- View actual and relevant job opportunities they would be qualified for if they took suggested courses or learning paths through your organization.
- Upon their exiting courses or receiving certifications, see job opportunities they are now qualified for as a result of their new competencies or credentials.
5. Networking – Through social media integration with your career center site, allow job seekers who view an opportunity in your job board to instantly see any LinkedIn connection they have who works at that company. This is a useful technology integration that can help them open doors to new opportunities.
With the right technology solutions, you can deliver these types of experiences for your members. YM Careers by Community Brands offers job board software and career center solutions that can power the examples listed in this article, and more, to help you support your members throughout their career journey and in tough times like these.
In addition, YM Careers integrates with NetForum Enterprise AMS and Community Brands’ learning management software (LMS) as part of an integrated software suite for associations to help you provide an even greater member experience.
Find out more about how YM Careers can help you provide the valuable support and resources your members need today: Explore YM Careers